Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Where has time gone?


Yes, as I type this I cannot believe that my last post was celebrating Tyler and Parkers half birthday. Our amazing boys are now 10 months old. They are crawling everywhere, pulling up on everything, and Tyler is just starting to get brave enough to let go of whatever he's holding on to long enough to walk over to the next piece of furniture. Yep, he'll be walking alone in no time. When it comes to gross motor skills Parker likes to watch Tyler figure things out and then he'll go for it, so I'm sure he'll be working on walking pretty quickly as well. They both run circles around the coffee table and couch and love their little walker toy...it's amazing how quickly they've caught up with babies their actual age instead of their adjusted age. They are truly outstanding. Both are quite chatty...lots of dada and baba and I finally got a mama the other day (literally did a happy dance...I've been working on that one for MONTHS). Parker is incredible with self feeding. He can pick up the tiniest things and eats just like a little man. I'm awe struck watching him eat. I never thought I could be so fascinated with something so simple. Being a parent changes everything! They are eating table food and still having about 24 oz of formula a day, but we look forward to switching to whole milk and regaining a nice chunk of our paychecks, haha. Unfortunately they are still refusing to hold their own bottles and are not huge fans of sippy cups. I know they are capable of holding their own bottles, but I really think they enjoy the close snuggling and are on a little bit of a power trip. We're not forcing the issue as of yet...they win this one for now, but the pedi is ready for us to make the big switch soon and I know it's going to be a rough time for our little family. I finally found a sippy cup they will drink from, but again no holding and it's a pretty big struggle to get them to take it. Fingers crossed that challange will end in good time. Oh yes and they have tons of teeth! At last count Parker had 8 and Tyler had 6...CRAZY!

Matt is still trucking along at work. Nothing new to report except that he's been moved to a new store (AGAIN) and there is talk of a new position in the future, but nothing is in stone yet. We'll see how that pans out.

So now my sorry excuse for why I've neglected our little blog. I've been SWAMPED! I went back to work in August and have been learning to adjust not only to becoming a working mom, but also to the graveyard shift. It is very difficult, but Matt has really stepped up to help with the boys and with lots of help from family we're managing. I'm working in a hospital (which I LOVE) and have definitely confirmed that I'm on the right career path. I'm working full time for now, but once full time school starts I'll have to drop quite a few hours. Speaking of school...I've applied for two different nursing programs. I have already heard back from my second choice school and I am an alternate for the Spring Semester. I've already turned in my application for my first choice and will be taking the entrance exam later this month. Please pray for me! I'm dreadfully nervous and hate that this is all riding on a 5 hour test!!! I will know with pretty good certainty if my score was good enough as soon as I finish the exam. I know what the cut off was for the Fall semester so if I get above that...I'm in. Fingers crossed!

We are anxious for the holidays to get here and can't wait to begin all sorts of new traditions with our boys. Halloween is quickly approaching and we already have the boys costumes. I am so excited for Thanksgiving (it's always been one of my fav holidays) and I just know Christmas is going to be amazing. The boys first birthday is just around the corner and I am busily planning for the big celebration. As an early heads up it will be Saturday December 5, 2009 at our home. We'll get formal invitations out as it gets closer but mark it on your calendars now since the December weekends tend to fill up fast :). I'll leave you all now with the babies' 9 month stats and a few cute pics. We love you all and hopefully I'll be able to keep up the blog a little better in the future.


Parker:

Weight-18lb 7oz (25th percentile)
Height-29in (75-90th percentile)



Tyler:
Weight-19lb 14oz (50th percentile)
Height-28.8in (75-90th percentile)


2 comments:

Mommy P said...

Awe,Amber the boys are adorable! I can't believe they are getting ready to turn 1! Hope you are doing good! (((HUGS)))

Mommy Words said...

Amber the boys are so handsome and SO big! I can't believe it! I sure hope you post more pics because I am following here and I have so much trouble keeping up with luckies board. Wish I could get on there more!

Brittany