Saturday, April 26, 2008

Just call me PIN CUSHION

Everything is going well on our side of the world. We happily only have 10 days of shots left and begin the follicle stimulating hormones tonight. Although we are not looking forward to 3 shots per evening and appointments every other day, we realize how quickly we are racing to the finish line. As much preparation and planning went in to this one little cycle, it is passing rather quickly for both of us. My arms are pretty bruised and my mood swings have been quite noticeable. It seems that the poor men at my work have issued a warning about me amongst themselves. Apparently, anything that needs to be said to me is being filtered through my boss in the hopes to keep from upsetting me in any way, HAHA. I am SO fortunate to have a boss that understands what I'm going through (he and his wife endured both IUI and IVF) and that is so incredibly supportive and flexible. I am also EXTREMELY blessed to have such a wonderful husband that puts up with my whining and sticking me with needles every night (which I know is REALLY hard for him) and is taking such good care of me. He is truly the most wonderful man on earth.

I'm not sure if I have a cold or my allergies are kicking in, but I've been incredibly sick since Thursday and because of the study and IVF, I cannot take anything except Sudaphed and Tylenol, neither of which are helping, so I simply stopped taking those too. I think I'm going to go get some orange juice and hopefully the extra vitamin C will knock all this out. I really need all my strength to recover quickly from the egg retrieval since I'll be going back to work after only two days off. I will then work for another 3 days until it's time for the transfer back in and I will most likely take 3 days off at that time to stay on my back and PRAY that the embryos implant. There's obviously a little nervous tension in our home right now. We are SO hoping this is successful on the first try. I can't even imagine the extreme elation we would feel if this turned out to work. I catch myself praying constantly. Please work!

No comments: