
One year ago we walked into the Center For Assisted Reproduction with anxiety, fear, and hope. We knew the odds and IVF is only successful about half the time a cycle is attempted. I held Matt's hand as we watched the ultrasound screen showing the flexible syringe dropping my little embryos into my womb. I hung nearly upside down and read my future children a letter begging them to give us the chance to be their parents. I didn't know at the time that they would both choose to hang on and bless me with their existence. I didn't know that I would spend 43 days in the hospital fighting for them so they wouldn't have to fight as hard when they were born. I didn't know that I would then spend another 42 days visiting the same hospital waiting for them to be ready to come home. I didn't know they would grow into my two adorable sons that have become the reason I get up in the morning. I didn't know I would spend hours trying to get them to giggle because it's the most beautiful sound on earth and it makes my heart skip a beat. I could never know what it feels like to love two little people so much and could never know how much they would change my life. I still can't believe I'm their mother and that I get to love them every day for the rest of my life. They were worth every second of pain, prayer, and worry and I would do it again 1,000 times. Here's to another amazing year!


2 comments:
SOOOOO sweet!!!
we have pictures our kids the same way. too cute.
Post a Comment