Our last few visits with the boys have been fabulous! Our little Parker is off the oxygen and breathing room air! He's been doing great so far and we're so proud! There was a tornado watch a few nights ago and they had to move his bed to another pod away from the window, so now the boys are in rooms right next to each other. The neat thing about this is that the wall folds in so when we kangaroo the boys now, Matt and I can sit next to each other instead of across the hall seperated by curtains. Our boys got to see each other for the first time since delivery on December 9 and it was such a sweet moment to have my whole family together. At our visit last night the Nurse Practitioner said that she thinks the boys are ready to try bottle/breast feeding. I'm a little beat up from pumping, so breast feeding isn't quite an option yet, but we scheduled their first bottle feeding for 5:30 tonight. We're SO excited and can't wait for this big moment. When I called this morning to talk to the nurse, she told me the boys are now sharing an open air crib! This is HUGE! They're holding their own temp and getting to snuggle up close again. Go Boys Go! I've also been initiated in the mom club...Tyler peed on me on Tuesday and last night Parker spit up on my chest...More of both to come I'm sure!
Parker's NICU Pod
Parker nasal cannula free!





No comments:
Post a Comment